Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Puppy Cam!

When we first got Otto I toyed with the idea of setting up a puppy cam so I could watch him from work during the day.  The first few days he was so small and sleepy that he didn't care about being in his crate, he just plopped right down in bed.  But as the days have gone on he cries a little when I put him in his crate and cries if we don't let him out of his crate the second we walk in the door.  I wondered...does he cry in there all day? Does he sleep? I was reluctant to set up the camera because what if he DOES cry all day?  There's really nothing I can do about it, I have to work. I've been going home every day at lunch to feed him and let him run around for about 20 minutes but that's the most I can do for him.

This afternoon I finally caved and set up a live stream, and I'm so glad I did!  I downloaded an app called livestream to both my ipad and my iphone. I set up the ipad in filming position and set up my phone to watch it all (without broadcasting it to the entire internet).  I watched for 5 minutes from the driveway before I even left and was pleasantly surprised to see that he stopped crying the moment I walked out the door (he's just trying to manipulate me!) and slept almost the entire time.

He woke up about 20 minutes before Joe got home, perfect timing!

I also discovered he prefers to cuddle with his stuffed Armadillo over sleeping in his puppy bed and he's not drinking the water I leave for him every day he's rolling around in it and spilling it all over his pee pad! I only let myself check the video stream every 15 minutes for about a minute, because mostly he was just sleeping so it wasn't that exciting but also I can barely stay within my monthly data limits as it is. So while this will definitely not be an every day thing, I'm happy I tried it out so that I know my pup is happy and sleepy when I'm not here. Maybe next time I'll be nice enough to blast the link out to all of you so that you can enjoy some cute puppy cam action too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment