Thursday, July 23, 2015

Unsolicited Relationship Advice

There are two things my husband does without fail every single day: tells me he loves me, and makes me laugh. (There are a few other things he does every day like eat and sleep, but you get it.) I cannot explain to you how important these things are. Every morning before he leaves for work, he grabs me around the waste, kisses me like he means it, looks in my eyes and says "I love you" in a way which is sincere, not just a habit.
You're probably thinking...great for you, I'm just going to go throw up now. But doesn't everyone strive for that?  I can't understand why people settle for anything less. I know people who work late because they don't want to go home and see their spouse, or people who get in such intense fights that they go days without speaking...WHAT?! Your partner should be the person who supports you in everything, who loves you unconditionally, and who you enjoy spending time with no matter how much time you get together.  I literally tear out of work at 4:30 every day and rush straight home to give Joe a kiss...and usually he and the dog both run to the door to greet me.  It's one of the best moments of the day, and maybe not everyone's partner runs to the door to greet them, but how awful must it be if you dread returning home rather than look forward to it. Sorry, but you're doing it wrong and you really need to make a change if that describes you.
Strive for something like this:
Someone who wants to make your day better, someone who understands your needs, and someone who's mind you can almost read (I knew if he was putting on pants he assumed we were going out). Maybe you prefer a man who wears pants all the time, but I'll take the guy in boxers who greets me at the door with my favorite cocktail in his hand after a long day :) 
I'll also include his best joke of the week here for you (this is when we were in the ER on Sunday): 
Doctor: I'm diagnosing you with cellulitis
Joe; Can she just go to the gym to get rid of that?
The doctor didn't laugh but I did, really hard. The moral of the story here is: stop putting up with people that don't deserve you and don't stay in a relationship that doesn't truly make you happy! At the very least, you deserve someone who loves you and makes you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment